Binary and digital options are prohibited in EEA.
Please be advised that certain products and/or multiplier levels may not be available for traders from EEA countries due to legal restrictions.
Forex vs. Crypto on IQ Option
Last modified: 19th May 2018
Your capital may be at risk. This material is not investment advice.
IQ Option is always open to innovation and eager to include new challenges and trading platforms in its basket. There are already many trading platforms and the buzz is about which one is better. Here, the talk is about Forex and Crypto traded on IQ Option. Many individuals trade actively in both Cryptocurrencies and Forex, in order to earn more profits but many people are confused about which one is better – Forex or Cryptocurrencies?
This article is aimed to help readers better understand both the markets so that they get a clear picture of these markets to take a wise trading decision.
Forex Vs Cryptocurrencies
Forex was earlier traded in the physical form but with the advancement of technology, the electronic transfer of money evolved and today, the international exchange of currency revolves around the new digitised forex marketplace. However, technology did not stop here and a new digitized money (also known as cryptocurrency) is what everyone is talking about nowadays, and Cryptocurrencies which were evolved around a decade back are being looked as future money. This might be or might not be the reality in future but at present, the benchmark for commercial activities is still the traditional financial system.
Forex is the world’s largest marketplace as participants from all over the world engage in trading forex every day and it ensures price stability and liquidity. The rapidly increasing internet technology has brought robust growth in Forex market in past 20 years.
Conversely, cryptocurrencies are traded on a very small scale and this is very less when compared to the involvement of trillions of dollars in Forex market. In other words, the size of cryptocurrency market is microscopic when compared to Forex market.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Trading Forex
Trading different currencies on IQ Option brings different advantages and disadvantages. They are as follows:
- Liquidity: Because of its large size, the Forex market ensures considerable depth and pairing of popular currencies.
- Diversity: Exotic, minor and major pairs can be actively traded.
- Stability: If something extraordinary doesn’t happen, the rates of foreign currency remain stable. Higher volumes are traded, so large magnitude fluctuations are infrequent.
- Leverage: In Forex trading, huge leverage is available. The leverage usually offered to clients is 50:1, 100:1 and some even provide 200:1.
- Lack of Price Volatility: Because of the lower price volatility, making big profits becomes a big challenge.
- Institutional Involvement: The retail traders are not benefitted much because of the presence of high-frequency trades, proprietary firms and investment banks.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Trading Cryptocurrencies
Trading different cryptocurrencies on IQ Option has many advantages and disadvantages. They are:
- Volatility: Higher volatility creates better environment for daily trading.
- Easily enter/exit: With an IQ Option account, you only need capital to enter and exit crypto market anytime.
- Limited Cost: There is a limited transaction cost.
- Insulation: Economic performance of a country or geopolitical issues does not create fluctuations in crypto market.
- Hacking: Cryptocurrency hacking instances had affected holders with millions of dollars.
- Glitches: Since the crypto market has a technical base, any blockchain disruption or sudden computer glitch might be very costly.
So, when the doubt is which one to trade on IQ Option, it should be clearly the decision of trader because both the markets bring enough opportunities to earn profits despite the fact that the behaviour, structure and size of both the markets are quite different.